The Colorado Retail Council (CRC) serves as the voice of Colorado’s retailers at the Colorado State Capitol in Denver. Each year, scores of bills that directly affect retailers are debated by the Colorado General Assembly. The CRC lobbyists are at the State Capitol each day to ensure that legislators hear the retail industry’s point of view. The work we do with lawmakers and representatives of the Administration ensure that retail interests are protected and understood. Let us know if you have questions regarding pending legislation, current laws and rules that may affect your business.
Our membership represents over 1500 retail locations throughout Colorado and includes six of the top-ten private employers in the state.
Our mission is to encourage and protect a business-friendly atmosphere throughout Colorado with our experienced and professional advocacy at the State Legislature.
• Professional Lobbying Services
• Initiate legislation favorable to the retail community
• Support or oppose legislation that may help or harm the retail community
• Monitor proposed legislation and provide regular legislative updates
• Organize meetings between legislators and our members
• Coalition Building and Relationship Building
• Attend political fundraisers and events on behalf of our retailers
• Contribution Strategy: Fundraising, Political Action Committee (PAC) and 527 Development
• Report on governmental news that may be pertinent to our retailers
• Research laws, rules and regulations that may affect our retailers
• Regularly distribute newsletters covering legislative activity and industry news
• Provide professional lobbying services on behalf of the association